Friday, January 10, 2014

Narcissistic quiz

My mother is a classic narcissist. Read the Mayo Clinic's definition of Narcissistic Personalty Disorder here, and it describes her pretty damn well.

Today's example will be presented in a pop quiz.

My mother tells me her cat is sneezing a lot.

Is it because:
A. The cat is owned by a woman who smokes three packs of cigarettes a day.
B. Because it's winter in Michigan and the air is cold and dry.
C. The cat might have allergies or some other health condition.
D. It's seen my mom sneeze, and is therefore imitating her.

The correct answer is D. (Logically I think either A, B or C, or some combination thereof would be most likely, but she assures me the cat is observing her and copying her.)

One good example of narcissistic thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment